The Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB) is organising its first standalone high-level Executive Forum on Islamic Finance which will be held on 29 and 30 October 2018 at Sasana Kijang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Themed, “Effective Risk Management Oversight and Governance of Islamic Banks”, this inaugural edition of the IFSB Executive Forum series intends to provide its participants greater understanding of risk oversight and governance issues for effective risk management of Islamic banks.
The Forum will focus on issues relating to the role of the Board of Directors, Risk Committee and senior management of Islamic banks in relation to risk management and governance oversight functions.
The two-day high-level IFSB Executive Forum on Islamic Finance will discuss on:
- Risk governance of Islamic banks and regulatory compliance
- Case studies on oversight of operational, Sharīʿah-compliance and legal risks: issues and challenges
- Risk governance and oversight: role of the Board and Risk Committee
- Case studies on oversight of financial risk management: credit, market, liquidity and equity risks of Islamic banks
- Role of transparency and disclosure in effective risk governance
- The next phase in risk management and governance for Islamic banks
At the end of the two-day forum, the participants will be able to achieve a greater understanding of risk oversight and governance issues for effective risk management of Islamic banks via shared industry experiences and best practices, as well as the application of relevant IFSB Standards.
Senior management and Board of Directors of Islamic banks from the IFSB members and non-members jurisdictions are encouraged to participate in this high-level discussions.