Maxis Q2 results show strong earnings based on steady revenue streams and consistent product uptake.
- Service revenue up 3.3% to RM2,122 million against RM2,055 million a year ago, supported by sustained postpaid and prepaid performance amidst intense competition
- Postpaid revenue grew 2.0% to RM998 million from RM978 million a year ago, with a solid base of nearly 1.9 million MaxisONE customers with monthly average revenue per user (ARPU) of RM120
- Prepaid revenue grew 2.9% to RM984 million from RM956 million in Q2 last year. Hotlink FAST, 4G prepaid market leader with high ARPU of RM44, has more than 1.8 million subscriptions which has almost tripled from last year
- Normalised EBITDA grew 9.3% to RM1,104 million from RM1,010 million a year ago reflecting the steady revenue growth and excellent cost control. EBITDA margin (on service revenue) was equally strong at 52.0%
- Normalised profit after tax (PAT) grew 14.2% to RM484 million from RM424 million driven by higher EBITDA and lower property, plant and equipment related charges
- Declared a second interim dividend of five sen per share
Intensified efforts in giving unmatched customer experience:
- More and more Malaysians are enjoying a superfast data experience on our industry leading 4G LTE network which has now reached 89% of the population. Malaysians love the Internet, proven now more than ever as LTE data consumption nearly doubled to 7.0 GB from 3.7 GB per month in Q2 last year. We ended the quarter with 5.6 million 4G LTE users, up from 3.5 million a year ago
- Strong MaxisONE plan uptake with our easier and simpler smartphone ownership plans – Zerolution and Power of ONE campaign
- The latest data upgrade, Hotlink Happy Hour continues to attract high ARPU 4G prepaid subscription. Customers can enjoy up to 30GB of free high speed Internet every month
- Significant reduction in complaints as customers enjoy our worry-free products. They also have greater control and flexibility to manage their transactions at their convenience with our self-serve apps – MyMaxis and Hotlink RED.
- High quality Internet is our biggest priority. We invested RM373 million capex for H1 2017 and will continue investing more to ensure our customers enjoy the best mobile streaming experience
“Q2 was a quarter of so many positives. We delivered strong financials with an all-time high customer satisfaction score to top them off. Our priority is to continue to deliver a great network experience and create an unmatched customer experience across all channels. This will only get better with our ambitions for a full digitalisation and we are on track towards this,” said Morten Lundal, Chief Executive Officer, Maxis Berhad.
Watch Maxis’ Q2 2017 financial results video: