Twenty-four accolades were presented to property developers and industry associates on December 20 at the eighth edition of the Malaysian Property Press Awards (MPPA). Amongst the winners this year are Hatten Group Sdn Bhd, Mah Sing Group Berhad, The Haven Sdn Bhd, Far Capital Sdn Bhd, M101 Sdn Bhd, PKNS Real Estate Sdn Bhd (PREC), Andaman Group, Gila Hartanah and Datuk Ng Sieng Liong JP of MAPEX.
The MPPA, an initiative by strategic property content provider Terra Value Sdn Bhd, is an annual awards ceremony that recognises the outstanding achievements of participants within the property industry via a unique format — it is the only property awards ceremony that is adjudicated exclusively by senior members of the press.
This year, the MPPA has strategically partnered with Majlis Profesor Negara (MPN), the Malaysian Global Business Forum (MGBF) as well as Perception Management Sdn Bhd (PMSB) and is fully supported by Zerin Properties and the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transportation Malaysia (CILT), to be known as “The Malaysian Property Press Zerin Properties Awards 2016/2017 in collaboration with the Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transportation Malaysia”.
MPPA chairman and Terra Value Sdn Bhd executive director Gunaprasath Bupalan said that the Awards’ tie-up with MPN for the first time this year was to put the spotlight on the issue of inclusive home ownership.
“This year, we are giving recognition to the Malaysian Government, for its efforts in delivering key infrastructure projects and housing for Malaysians over the past several decades. When you think about how far the country has come, it is heartening to see how the lives of people have improved through these projects,” said Gunaprasath.
He added that as the world became increasingly digitalised, it is imperative for Malaysia to advance with smart cities, green development and wealth creation through property ownership — and that honouring responsible developers was key to making it happen.
As a precursor to the award ceremony held at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa this evening, the MPPA held a Roundtable Discussion on Creative Home Ownership Post Budget 2018 at the MPN office last month. The panel discussion addressed the issue of home ownership among Malaysians, including the question of affordability for the younger generation, what property developers can do to help young Malaysians get a foot into the property market and the importance of housing for improving productivity.
The majority of the judging panel for the Awards are editors who are involved in the daily preparation of property articles, which provides them with the depth and breadth to observe and comment on projects, personalities or companies that they feel have excelled or contributed significantly to the betterment of the industry over the year.
The list of winners and categories for this year are:
- Hatten Group Sdn Bhd – The Visionary Developer Award
- Dato Colin Tan June Teng – Property Entrepreneur Of The Year
- Mahsing Group Berhad – Best Property Developer
- Lakeville Residence by Mah Sing Group Bhd – Best High-Rise Development
- UMLand Seri Austin The Outstanding Achievement Awards – For A Well Balanced Lifestyle Township (sustainable / healthy living / community integration)
- Mr Wong Kuen Kong – Most Outstanding Property Personality Award
- M101 SkyWheel by M101 Holdings Sdn Bhd – Best Iconic Branded Integrated Development Of The Year
- M101 Holdings Sdn Bhd – Emerging Outstanding Developer Of The Year
- PKNS Real Estate Sdn Bhd (PREC) – Outstanding Achievement In Asset Management portfolio
- Gila Hartanah Sdn Bhd – Best Non-English Property Education Platform
- The Haven Resort Hotel, Ipoh by The Haven Sdn Bhd – Best Family Hotel Resort
- Far Capital Sdn Bhd – Best Independent Property Consulting Firm
- JETK Innovative Tech Sdn Bhd – Championing AR And VR In Real
- ACG Media Sdn Bhd – Publisher Of The Most Influential Interior Magazines
- Datuk Ng Seing Liong (MAPEX) – Malaysia’s Living Property Icon
- Propstar Technologies Sdn Bhd – Creating New And Improved Web Solutions To The Property Industry
- Majlis Profesor Negara – Best Analytical Governmental Research Body
- Perception Management Sdn Bhd – Best Public Relations Team – Addressing The Needs And Wants Of The Industry
- Datuk Mohamad Ashfar Bin Mohamad Ali – Transport Personality Of The Year – (CILTM) Lifetime Achievement Award 2017
- The National House Buyer’s Association – Most Influential Association To Genuinely Assist House Buyers
- Ninja Van Malaysia By Ninja Logistics Sdn Bhd – E-Commerce Logistics Company Of (CILTM) The Year 2017
- Dr Daniele Gambero (REi International Holdings Sdn Bhd) – Property Man Of The Year 2016 / 2017
- The Haven Resort Hotel, Ipoh by The Haven Sdn Bhd – Outstanding Achievement Award for elevating Ipoh as a resort destination globally
- Assoc Prof Dr Jessica Ong Hai Liaw – Special Award For Leadership In Marketing Communication