In a significant tech breakthrough, Zoom Video Communications, Inc. (Zoom) has announced that its AI Companion will expand support for 32 new languages, new capabilities for Zoom Events, in-meeting questions, and meeting coaching.
This development comes on the back of the Zoom AI Companion, the company’s generative AI assistant, having reached a milestone less than two months after its launch. This is massive with more than 125,000 accounts using AI Companion, generating more than one million meeting summaries. Zoom also announced new capabilities, additional language support, and further enhancements to existing capabilities for AI Companion.
In a statement, Smita Hashim, chief product officer at Zoom said: “Providing the best value to our customers across our platform is core to our mission, which is why we made AI Companion available at no additional cost, and we continue to introduce new AI capabilities at Zoom speed, so more of our customers can get the most out of Zoom’s AI innovations.”
“Our unique federated approach allows us to dynamically utilize different models, helping to reduce AI overhead costs and provide broad access to generative AI.”
Beginning today, AI Companion users will be able to use the in-meeting questions capability in new languages, as well as receive short meeting summary overviews at the beginning of full meeting summaries.
- Users can now use AI Companion’s in-meeting questions capability in seven new languages (preview).
- Based on feedback from users, the meeting summaries capability now includes an overview at the top of the summary in emailed summaries, providing users with a shorter version of the meeting summary in addition to the full meeting summary. Meeting summary overviews will be available in summaries delivered via continuous meeting chat in November.
Zoom will continue to improve AI Companion, with the following new capabilities planned to be available in November:
- Both AI Companion meeting summary and in-meeting questions capabilities will support a total of 32 new languages, in preview.
- AI Companion will provide users with meeting coach capabilities, beginning with speech analytics in Smart Recordings. Speech analytics will include the meeting host’s talk-listen ratio, talk speed, and speech fillers so that hosts can glean valuable insights into how they engage with meeting participants during Zoom Meetings.
- AI Companion will be available in Zoom Events, with chat compose capabilities for lobby chats and assistance with composing emails for registration, marketing, and ticketing communications.
- Zoom will introduce an optional control for customers to specify that AI Companion capabilities for their organization only use the Zoom large language model.
Here’s what Zoom customers are saying about AI Companion:
“AI Companion’s meeting summaries and smart recordings are the first technological innovations in the last decade that bring us tangible time-saving, efficient benefits. People can prioritize specific meetings and collaborations while remaining confident they aren’t missing out on competing activities.” – Chris Blackstone, director, Digital Workplace and End User Computing, Convera
“Zoom’s AI Companion meeting summary tool is helping us become better communicators. Guided by its impressively accurate output, our teams are more consistently adhering to best practices in meetings such as stating the objective upfront and clearly outlining and assigning action items. Plus, we were able to save money by offboarding a vendor and save time by not having to produce meeting notes ourselves.” – Lucas Oliveira, COO, Bizzycar, Inc.
“Meeting summaries has saved our team a ton of time. We feel that everyone is in the loop without necessarily having to attend every meeting, which results in better collaboration.” – Karl Morsgofian, CIO, Gainsight
“Zoom’s AI Companion exemplifies our vision for enhanced collaboration and innovation. With automated, detailed meeting summaries, it streamlines information sharing and boosts productivity. This inclusion in our Zoom plan not only improves efficiency but also yields significant cost savings, reflecting our commitment to a smarter, more connected future.” – John Georgatos, CIO, Mike Morse Law Firm.